The softball game is full of rules and regulations that separate it from a regular baseball game. Rules vary slightly depending on the type of softball being played, with the rapid release and slow release two most played styles. The mixed softball also has its special rules section. Learn the ins and outs of softball rules will prevent players repeatedly commit violations, which could cost his team the game.
Rules vary dramatically between a fast pitch and slow pitch. And there are also rules and regulations for fastpitch softball bats and slowpitch softball bats. In a quick release, the pitcher must complete a windmill shot (with the arm in a full circle) so that the release can be considered legal. The slingshot launches, in which the arm goes to behind the pitcher and hangs again in a position to start, are violations and will not count. The slow pitches should be made with a fluid, and overlapping movement must reach a minimum height established by the league or tournament organizer. In both cases, pitchers should catch the return throw the receiver off the pitching rubber.
List and Lineups
Softball alignments must contain a minimum of nine players, one for each position on the field. Although some recreational softball leagues allow players to continue with eight, most organizations forbid it. If a team can not field enough players in time for the game to start, the team loses the game against his opponent. Mixed lists must have a minimum number of women players, usually, an amount determined by the league before the start of the season or tournament. Unlike baseball, softball each player on a particular computer is allowed to hit. The batting order created must match that given to the opposing team and the referee. If the batter reaches the plate out of order, it is put out automatically.
Softball leagues often use a double first base, with the white part in fair territory and a color section on the other side of the baseline. Players must touch base color when running from home plate to first base or will not be put out. A base runner may not leave their base in an attempt to move until after a pitch has crossed home plate. Is not allowed to separate from the base and, if done, the player will be automatically put out. Runners must return to their bases after a high ball is caught before trying to move. If a broker goes to a teammate on the bases, the runner is put out but no teammate.
In slow pitch softball, teams are allowed to line up ten players, with new gardener located in the gardens. Mixed teams must have five men and five women in the field or lose the game. Also, the duo pitcher-catcher of a team must include a man and a woman. The mixed softball also has a rule governing that gardeners can play when a woman is hitting. Most leagues use a chalk line just behind the infield area as a limit for growers who are not allowed to cross when a player is running. If a gardener crosses the line, the batter is awarded first base.
Strategy for Playing Softball
More than baseball, the talent of your pitcher determine how your team will develop in the game of softball. Follow these steps to develop a winning strategy.
Difficulty level: Moderately severe
- Find someone like Monica Abbott, University of Tennessee, who averages 14.6 strikes per game seven innings and pitching your strategy is very simple: look how to make some races and watch your pitcher score.
- If your pitcher makes a high launch, board upgrades your players at first base, second base, right field and center field to defend. Most batters throw the ball to the right side. Put them on the third base. Shortstop left the area in the center area and if your pitcher can also score.
- It brings together all the players on your defense to accommodate quickly from home to the bases with runners who are in a scoring position in the second and third base. While baseball the distance between bases is 90 feet (27.5 m) in softball is only 60 feet (18 m).
- When you count with a strong batting lineup, it’s easy to score runs. If you do not have that luxury or you face an active pitcher, put the fastest runner you can find in front of the lineup. Teach him how to touch the ball down and how to achieve hit hits. Then you can give the green light to steal bases and placed in scoring position.
- Ask the coach short to be put in a position to do their job on the defensive. Make hand signal to short as necessary to change the order and make take over the rest of the players. You should also keep alert to her teammates with the number of outs.
Tips & Warnings
Find former softball players to make fast pitches work separately with your players and thus improve their skills and confidence.
It is easier to change walks fast pitching for racing in softball than baseball. This is your advantage when your team has the turn at bat, but if your pitcher gets tired of throwing, use a quick hook and replace it with someone who can throw strikes.